Mission & Goals
Vision: C-10 envisions a clean, safe, sustainable energy future
C-10’s mission is threefold:
Monitor radiological emissions from the Seabrook Station nuclear reactor for use in assessing the impact on health and the environment.
- Enhance the collection and analysis of airborne and marine radiological and weather-related data
- Increase the number of monitoring sites in public places–including expansion into New Hampshire
- Make the monitoring data more broadly available to the public and the scientific community
Research and advocate for upgraded safety and security at Seabrook Station.
- Research and advocate for the safest possible interim storage of the Seabrook Station’s on-site nuclear waste
- Develop and disseminate information on nuclear security and safety issues
- Collaborate with citizens, elected officials, governmental organizations and medical and scientific communities for public safety
Serve as a community educational resource regarding clean, safe and sustainable energy sources.
- Be a clearinghouse for information, initiatives and activities focused on energy alternatives
- Contribute to and leverage the work of other local organizations in promoting energy alternatives and their practical use
- Develop and deliver educational programs on energy alternatives in local schools and the wider community
- Be an advocate for the development of local and regional energy policies which have energy alternatives as their focus